Sunday, June 5, 2016

My left foot

Ah bureaucracy. My foot is developing another wound like the one that put me in the hospital last time for six months and cost me three bones. So I went to make an appointment Friday with my wound guy. The office gal says I first need to make an appointment with my doctor to get a referral, so I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow.

I've caught it early enough. The last time I could have died because of incompetence by quite a few health 'professionals.' Someone finally noticed my white count and I went into surgery the next day. The problem was known a month before that because I complained to everyone in earshot.

The death rate for just one of the 18 things I have (from kidney to heart failure) that could kill me was 25%. They even fitted me with a portable defibrillator which I refuse to wear. I have an oxygen compressor but don't use it the 24/7 I'm supposed to because I don't want to become dependent on it (as was happening. I'd rather fight for breath.)

But what really bothers me is we live in a day when this almost completely defines the right. So much so that I am assured of being ridiculed even to suggest.

No comments: